We will claim compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your accident.
We will arrange for you to be examined by a consultant who will prepare a report on your injuries. Your claim will be valued on the basis of the doctor's opinion about your condition and likely recovery.
Other factors that will affect the value of your claim include:
- Whether you needed time off work or required light duties.
- Whether your sports or hobbies were affected.
- Whether you needed any help and assistance. This may have included help with personal care, household chores, gardening or DIY.
- Whether your injuries spoiled a holiday.
We recommend that you keep a diary of the problems you experience to ensure that they are taken into account when valuing your claim. It's easy to forget the details otherwise, so do please keep records of how you feel as the weeks and months go by.
The value of the claim is assessed for each case individually and is based on previous awards made by judges in other cases. We will be better able to value your claim once we have the doctor's report on your injuries and likely recovery.
What you should do now:
- Take photographs of any visible injuries, both now and as they develop.
- See your GP about your injuries so that there is an independent record of them.
- Keep a diary of your symptoms, your treatment and the impact of your injuries on your life.
- Keep a record of any help and assistance required (eg with personal care, housework, gardening, DIY). Make a note of who helped you and how long they spent.