Claim Compensation for a Road Traffic Accident

You may be entitled to compensation if you were injured in a road traffic accident whether you were the driver, passenger, pedestrian or cyclist and even if you were partly at fault.

If the driver was to blame, they are obliged to have motor insurance to pay for your claim, even if you were a passenger in their vehicle.

Even if the driver is not insured, you can still bring a claim because there is an organisation called the Motor Insurers' Bureau which pays for the victims of uninsured drivers.

If you want to claim compensation for a road traffic accident this is what you should do now:

  • Call Advance Legal.
  • Take photographs of your damaged vehicle or bike.
  • Take photographs of any visible injuries.
  • Take photographs of the accident scene.
  • Notify your insurers.
  • See A & E or your GP about your injuries.

Always call us or email us first and we'll help you decide what to do.